INGREDIENTS FOR 2
- 100g duck foie gras, raw
- 2 egg yolks
- 10cl milk
- 100g whipping cream
- Soft brown sugar
- Black truffle
- - Before starting this Foie Gras Crème Brûlée recipe, make sure you have organised all the necessary ingredients.
- - Cut one or 2 thin slices of foie gras per person. Reserve in the fridge.
- - In a mixing bowl, cut the remaining foie gras into pieces. Add the whipping cream... then milk... and lastly the egg yolks.
- - Season with salt, pepper and Espelette pepper.
- - Combine with a hand mixer until homogeneous.
- - At this stage, add a few shavings of black truffle.
- - Combine well.
- - Place a slice of foie gras at the bottom of a crème brûlée dish.
- - Pour the foie gras preparation on top.
- - Bake at 100°C (gas 1/4) and cook for 30 minutes. Make sure you do not exceed this temperature! You can use an oven thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- - Remove the dishes from the oven and let cool. Reserve in the fridge until ready to serve. Up to this step, the recipe can be prepared in advance, or the day before if you wish.
- - Just before serving, sprinkle the surface of each crème brûlée with soft brown sugar.
- - Spread into a thin layer.
- - Caramelize under a grill, or using a caramelizing iron or blow torch.
- - Serve immediately.