In France, before having a festive dinner, an aperitif is shared between all guests. The aperitif time is a privileged moment of friendliness with your loved ones. You spend a good time of sharing through good appetizers and good bottles of wine, champagne or beers.
One of our favourite appetizers, with no surprises, is Foie Gras!
So, how could you enjoy it?
- Remove your foie gras from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
- Slide it 1cm wide. To slide it perfectly, use or a cutting string made for foie gras, or a knife previously dipped in hot water.
- Toast some bread. You can use special gingerbread or farmhouse bread.
- Do not spread the foie gras on your toast. Put a little piece of foie gras on a toast and add some Guérande salt on top. You also can taste it with a knob of fig jam or onion confit to add a sweet nuance.
- Let the toast melt into your mouth a few seconds to feel all the flavours.
What can you drink with foie gras ?
Champagne, of course!
You also can marry your foie gras with fruity white wine such as a good Chardonnay.
Check out our wide range of Foie Gras products.